Happy Twenty Fourteen, Y’all…January 7, 2014 - Author: Greis
We’re 7 days into the new year and I’m just now getting around to posting my 2013 year in review post. I wish I could say it took me so long because I’ve been so busy, but the truth is I’ve just been procrastinating, but mostly just lazy. Yeah, I know, way to start the year off right!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I went to Colorado (Denver) for the first time. I was there for 3 nights in May to see the Astros play the Rockies. The weather was amazing, I saw some good friends and I absolutely loved Coors Field.
In September I was invited, on 3 separate occasions, to sit in the Diamond Club at the Astros game. What a fun experience, that I hope to do again. So glad a few friends were able to enjoy the experience too!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I set a goal to read at least one book a month in 2013, but that didn’t happen. I’m not sure I read an entire book the whole year, which makes me sad. I also failed at my weight loss/gym goals, which shouldn’t surprise anyone.
I’ve set some goals for 2014…they include reading more, writing more and losing weight.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Quite a few friends had babies in 2013. Very cute adorable babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me died, but a few close friends lost loved ones in 2013 and that’s always hard to watch.
5. What countries did you visit?
I was well-traveled in 2013, but none of my travels took me out of the United States.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Will-power and love.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 3,2013 – a special date with a friend
September 13, 2013 – the story about my Astros love was in the paper
December 21, 2013 – Shauna’s wedding.
*I’m sure I should remember more, but I’ve become very forgetful in my older age!*
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was featured in the local paper. I was anointed the “Last Loyal Astros Fan,” it was on the front page and everything. What?!? Did you miss it? Click HERE and you can go see for yourself. It was a fun experience, and yes I know I’m not the LAST fan!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
My weight, again. I’ve fallen off the healthy eating/working out bandwagon and I desperately need to find my way back on. These 50 pounds aren’t going to lose themselves.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I hurt my finger about six weeks ago, but don’t ask me how because I’m not 100% sure. Two weeks into the pain I took myself to the ER and it turns out it wasn’t broken, but it still hurts a lot. I’ll likely be making a trip to a hand specialist soon. Wish me luck.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new (used) car. It was purchased in MY NAME and everything. I’m such an adult now!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My dad retired from the U.S. Postal Service. That was pretty awesome and we celebrated. So happy for him as he embarks on this new journey in his life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It wasn’t a person, but a whole team. The way the Houston Texans season played out was pretty depressing. A 14 game losing streak to end the season was super disappointing, and to think we all had such high hopes! That coupled with an Astros 15 game losing streak to end their season…well, Houston just needs a sport do-over in 2014!
14. Where did most of your money go?
It would seem that my money goes to the same thing every year…LOTS and LOTS of BILLS…and baseball games!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was very EXCITED about the Justin Timberlake concert in December! If you ever get the chance to see him live DO IT!! The entire show was absolutely amazing and he performed for THREE HOURS!! I think he may have even winked at me a few times…or not.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
It’s probably a toss-up between Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines and Justin Timberlake’s Mirrors. Both were great songs of the year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I really wish I’d have worked out more. Working out is definitely a chore, sometimes, but I feel so good afterwards. I’m hoping to get back on track in 2014. Hoping it will help me feel better about myself as well.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d have eaten out less. Fast food has become such an easy food option for me, since I’m single, but it’s so unhealthy. I hope to get back to making healthier food choices in 2014.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas morning at my parent’s house with my brother and niece. We had donuts, kolaches and opened presents. It’s fun watching Christmas through the eyes of a toddler. After all of that fun I napped for 3 hours and then went to see American Hustle and had dinner at IHOP. It was a pretty spectacular day!
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell into a LOT of like in 2012. That like did become quite a bit of love in 2013. I don’t talk about him often, but he is pretty special.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched the entire season of Orange is the New Black in about a week (yay Netflix!). I fell in love with this series and can’t wait for season 2 to begin. I also fell in love with Friday Night Lights, yes I know it’s an oldie, and watched all 5 seasons in 2 weeks, so good!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word.
24. What was the best book you read?
I started a few books and then never finished them. Hoping to get back into reading this year. I miss it!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Discovery? Not really a discovery, but the entire Justin Timberlake 20/20 Experience is amazing!! I’ve also found a new love for Toby Keith and some other artists that I already enjoyed.
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
It’s not so much that I wanted a new car, but I really needed a new car. A more reliable one. I, however, do not like having a car note again.
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
I really wanted a winning lottery ticket. It’s starting to feel as if that will never happen for me.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Do I have to pick just one? I really loved Frozen, such a great new Disney film. Catching Fire did not disappoint and Now You See Me was surprisingly very good.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 on November 13, 2013. I spent the day with a friend, went to PF Changs with the family for dinner and then celebrated into the weekend with friends at a local sports bar. It was a great birthday week!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My year was pretty amazing…there’s only one thing that could have made it more satisfying and I don’t discuss him here. *wink*wink*
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Do I have a fashion concept? I wear jeans a lot…and I really got into skinny jeans and boots in 2013, thanks to Brittany.
32. What kept you sane?
So many friends keep me sane daily. Thank god for good friends and text messaging!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m pretty sure the answer to this question will NEVER change…Mr. JT, Justin Timberlake if you’re nasty!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
By rule I don’t talk politics, because it never ends well.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my friends and family that I don’t get the chance to see often.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I meet lots of new people. I’m not sure I can pinpoint just one as the best.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Life is too short to be unhappy! Whether it be in your career, your love life or with your every day life EVERYONE deserves to be happy. Right now I’m mostly happy. Sure, there are some things that could change to make me happier, but I’m not complaining!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Drinks after work.
What’s it gonna hurt,
To have a little drink after work?”
- Toby Keith Drinks After Work
Happy New Year, y’all! Hope 2014 is amazing for us all!!
1 Comment - Categories: meme