Another year has flown by way too fast. 2012 was filled with lots of friends (new and old), laughs, family, bar hopping, gossiping and all kinds of extra shenanigans. It was a great year. 13 is my favorite number so I’m hoping 2013 will be filled with a lot of the same.
Because I’m a follower, thanks to Cindy, here’s my 2012 year in review meme. Enjoy.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
A few things I did are absolutely not blog worthy. One thing I did that I was pretty proud, yet surprised, of was standing up for myself when I thought I was being wronged. I’ve always had an issue with standing up for myself in certain types of situations, so this was a pretty big step for me.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, as usual I did not stick to my resolution. I did go to the gym often, but not often enough. Better luck in 2013, right?
I’ve made no resolutions for 2013, but I have set some goals.
1. Read at least ONE book a month.
2. Be a better friend.
3. Be a better money manager.
4. Eat “healthier”.
This list will probably get more added to it as the year progresses.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few friends near and far gave birth and lots are expecting in 2013.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I did not leave the United States, yet again. I traveled quite a bit in 2012, but it was all limited to the great U S of A. (North Carolina, Tennessee, New York, Wisconsin & Illinois)
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Less debt. I don’t have a whole lot of debt, but what I do have is a lot to me. I’d love to get the little debt that I do have under more control. Paying off a credit card would be a really heavy weight lifted off my shoulders.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 6, August 18, August 31 – all special dates with a friend.
There were so many other days that made 2012 so memorable…dinner with friends, Astros games with friends, crying in bars, hotel rooms, trips out-of-town with friends and to visit friends, blogging conferences and time with family. 2012 was a pretty memorable year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I didn’t accomplish anything greater than normal, but I think that standing up for myself was a pretty big deal.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Weight loss. I veered off track and gained weight in 2012. Nothing drastic, of course, but it’s extra weight that I know I need to lose. I’m hoping to get back on the weight loss track in 2013.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, I was illness & injury free in 2012. Hope this streak continues into 2013!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a ticket to the Texans first ever play-off game on January 7 vs. the Cincinnati Bengals. It was one of the most amazing game day atmospheres that I’ve ever experienced, 2nd only to the 1st ever regular season game on September 8, 2002 vs. the Dallas Cowboys. They topped it off with a win. It was pretty exciting for me and the entire city of Houston.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’ve got nothing for this. I have no clue.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’ve got nothing for this one either. Absolutely no clue.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Where does most of my money always go? BILLS, boo!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was really excited about attending the first ever Texans play-off game January 7. I was also very excited about a lot of dates with a friend through out the year. I’m pretty sure I was pretty excited about a lot of other things, but my memory is not as great as it used to be.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
“Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not” – Thompson Square
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, not by much, but fatter none the less.
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saving money. I’m a horrible saver. I really need to work on that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating junk. I still eat pretty good, but I’ve definitely found myself eating more junk in the past year. I need to refocus on my goals and cutback on the junk food.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I headed over to my parents house bright and early Christmas morning to open presents with my brother, his girlfriend and my niece. I then headed home to finish baking and then spent the evening at my Aunt’s house with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Wow, love is a very BIG word. I did fall for someone, pretty hard, but I wouldn’t call it love (partly because the word “love” scares the shit out of me). I’d call it LIKE. A lot of LIKE!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I absolutely love 2 Broke Girls. It makes me laugh out loud weekly!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I have no time for hating.
24. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read as much as I would have liked this year. I finally gave in and read the Hunger Games trilogy and LOVED it. I also really enjoyed Gone Girl, well you know, until the end!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I fell in love with all things Luke Bryan in 2012. I’d really like to be drunk on him!
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
I wanted a new dresser and finally got one for Christmas. Yay, thank you Santa!!
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
A winning lottery ticket! BUMMER!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I loved The Hunger Games and Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2. I also went to see Les Miserables this past weekend, I was afraid I’d hate it and absolutely LOVED it.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34. On the actual day I went to work and had dinner with my parents. The day after I met a friend for lunch, best birthday lunch date ever, and then had family dinner at a local Mexican food joint. My friends De, Jen, Nicole and Kim took me to dinner and then out for drinks on the Saturday after my birthday. It was a night of laughter and “junk rubs”, long story, but it was so much fun!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Everyone knows that I live and die by my favorite sports teams, so a better year from the Astros would have made the summer more enjoyable. Minus the month of December the Texans made football season lots of fun!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Do I even have a fashion concept? No, I’m pretty sure I don’t. I like comfortable. You’ll usually find me in jeans and flip-flops.
32. What kept you sane?
My friends. It’s so amazing to have a group of friends that I know I can always talk to without being judged. They’re always there to listen and will give me great advice when I need it, even if I don’t always follow it. You know who you are and I love you all!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Justin Timberlake, and unfortunately he married the wrong girl. If only he’d given me a chance!!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t really get stirred too much by politics. I have my views and others have theirs. I’ve learned that discussing any of it publicly usually ends in fights and disagreements, so I don’t!
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my Godkids and their parents so much. I hate that I didn’t get a chance to make a trip to Arkansas to see them in 2012. Hoping to rectify that in 2013.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some really great friends in 2012. Some whom I knew but really got to know and others that I met for the first time. All are connected to me through my love for the Astros. It was a great year for new, and old, friendships. I’m so thankful!!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Love, or lots of LIKE, can happen at the most unexpected time with the most unexpected person. Don’t ever be afraid to care too much or show too much emotion.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“If only you saw what I can see
You’ll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I’m looking at you and I can’t believe
You don’t know you’re beautiful”
What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
Happy New Year y’all! Hope 2013 is better than ever!!